Joy Rhyne Webb represents both employees and employers in cases regarding discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, wage and hour claims, claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), retaliatory employment discrimination act claims (REDA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), contract disputes, covenants not to compete and unemployment claims.
Ms. Webb’s practice also focuses on administrative law, including representing employees in State Personnel Act matters before the Office of Administrative Hearings, State Personnel Commission, trial and appellate courts. She disputes disciplinary and administrative matters before state licensing boards and claims under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA). She also frequently handles personal injury and medical malpractice litigation and collection matters.
Ms. Webb has an active appellate practice as well and has represented clients in judicial reviews of administrative decisions and other appellate matters in the North Carolina Court of Appeals and Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Ms. Webb has significant litigation experience and regularly litigates in North Carolina’s state and federal courts. She has appeared in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, all of North Carolina’s federal district courts, the North Carolina Court of Appeals and trial courts throughout the state.
Durham, North Carolina
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Administrative Law
- Personal Injury
- Auto and Truck Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 1992
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., 1995
- Mrs. Webb is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association.
- Mrs. Webb is a member of the 14th Judicial District Bar Association.
- All North Carolina State Courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, 1996
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, 1997
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina, 1997
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2001
- United States Supreme Court, 2005
Learn more about Attorney Webb’s decision to practice law: